Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You Card Challenge

I've been lurking on this wonderful card sketch blog for many months now and finally had the courage to give it a try as I was working with my Paper Popsicles Sept "The Year 1974" kit. So this isn't a sneak peek, since I'm not allowed to release anything before the official reveal date, lol, so I guess I'll have to squeeze out one more card for Paper Popsicles.

Here is this week's challenge from 2 Sketches 4 You.

And here is my take on it. Miraculously, I knew exactly where I had those straw hats that I've had for yeaarrs and was glad to give my little penguin some shade. It definitely has been both hot and humid out here in SoCal. This little guy just makes me smile from ear to ear cuz he's so darn cute!!!


Materials Used: All papers and alpha stickers are from the
Paper Popsicles "The Year 1974" Sept kit, Penguin stamp is from Imaginesce avail at both Paper Popsicles and Embellish-Online, Martha Stewart border punch and EK Success 1 3/4" circle punch, Ink was Versafine in Black. Flowers, buttons, ribbons, ric rac, chalk and straw hat are all from my own stash.

I did get to play with my new Cuttlebug embossing borders that I just got from Embellish-Online. I looove them and it was fun breaking out my Big Shot again!

20 comments:

marcibun said...

That card is adorable, i love the penguin :)

Kath Stewart said...

So glad you decided to join the fun and your card is gorgeous - love that little cute dude
Love
kath
xxxxx

Unknown said...

This is so darling. I love all the dimension and your attention to detail is lovely. I am so glad you joined us Ching (Maybe Eva will post your picture on her blog next *wink*)

Joke said...

What a very sweet card. I love your take on the sketch.

Made by Mandy said...

I love the little hat on the penguin, it is sooo cute :)

Allison said...

cute card love the penguin and the flower
AllisonX

Kathryn said...

Fantastic Card - Ching!
LOVE the penguins and the flower is gorgeous!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I love this sweet card! The flower placement is so awesome! So much going on and you make it all work blissfully. Amazing work girly.

danni reid. said...

such an ADORABLE card, loooove it!

**Nancy** said...

OH cute!! I love that little straw hat!

Christine said...

This is such a fun card! The penguin is adorable, and the colors are perfect for this! Great work, Ching!

Michelle Pearson said...

adorable card Ching! It's so cheerful and fun! Nice hat too!!

Anita said...

I love that hat and your card rocks.

Liz said...

Love it... so beachy... hummm beachin' haha... too cute and so summery! :)

Tanis said...

LOVE IT!!!! You shoulda tried the sketches long time ago :) Love your style and love this card!

evafromca said...

Ching, this card is totally adorable!!!!! Whoohooo, you are playing, too. I am so glad!

Peet said...

I love your card!!! Gorgeous!!!

Pamela Smerker said...

Oh that hat is sooo cute! What a wonderful fun and cheery card! Well done!

Kari said...

You have the penguine stamp? I need to borrow that. Its so cute! Oh, great card too! Love the layers, textures, and colors. So much fun.

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, love the colours and the flower, the penquin is so cute.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com