Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Design Divas Blog Hop with adorable "Avery"

I'm obviously on crafty overdrive this week as this is my 2nd card in a week! Eek! Call me an overachiever because this sweet ballerina card was inspired by a few challenges.

But the reason why I'm extra crafty this week is because I'm participating in a blog hop with a wonderful group of ladies, the Design Divas over at SplitCoast Stampers, who recently welcomed me into their group a few weeks ago. Join us every 3rd Wednesday each month for a blog hop. For January, our Oldies but Goodies Blog Hop's objective is to brush off our stamps that haven't been used for at least 6 months. Lol, in my case, that's super easy since that applies to most of my stash.

**BLOG HOP LOGISTICS**
Hopefully you've arrived on my blog from Angie's blog. If you didn't and arrived here first, then you will want to head on over to Sue's blog for the start of the hop. There are 30 of us participating. :) I'm #23, which is my lucky number. Yay!

Ok, so here's darling Avery in all her ballerina cuteness. Avery is a digital image designed by Lori Boyd, owner of By LoRi Designs, who I've been a fan of every since we were on the same Design Team with the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog a few years ago. Avery is part of Lori's Puddle Jumper series and she can be yours over at Claudia & Company.


The sentiment is from a, now retired, Verve set called Munchkin Phrases. And yep, I'm still obsessed with making do with the Cosmo Cricket DeLovely paper scraps my friend Gen gave me. Lol, I think I'm about done with it because it's all down to tiny little scraps now.

As previously mentioned, I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone with this card:
  • BLD1 Color Challenge of Pinks, Greens, Blues over at By LoRi Designs requiring the use of one of her images.
  • Verve January Week #2 Card Sketch
As always, lol, I do take liberties with the challenges with my own interpretations.

I had fun coloring the image in with Copics. I don't have that many, as I've been buying colors very carefully and with purpose. My shading is getting better but my dream is to color "hair" as expertly as Lori and her DT's do.

Practice makes perfect. I just need to find my patience. :)

Ahh, it's been like a rushed baptism by fire all this week as I've quickly learned how to work with digital images (printing, ink drying, paper type, resizing), making rolled flowers (see my previous card post) and coloring with Copics all for the first time....in a looong time. Whew! Lol, but I'm smiling from ear to ear because I've definitely found my mojo along with feeling the joy about crafting again. :)

Now, off you go to Linda's blog. Thanks for visiting my blog and hope you come back soon. Toodles!



"Princess of Quite A Lot"
Paper:
Cosmo Cricket Delovely PP & Elements DieCuts; Joann's CS: Neenah Solar White 80# CS
Stamps:By Lori Designs "Avery" Puddle Jumper; Verve "Munchkin Phrases" Sentiments
Embellishments: Embellish-It Pink Satin Ribbon; Michaels Dollar Bin Bling;
Accessories
: SB Mega 8; Copic Markers; SU Positively Pink Dye Ink; SU Curly Label, Designer Label & Med Oval Punches

35 comments:

Dawn B. said...

She is precious..What a great choice.. I love these sweet little images.. Great job.

Payne Holler Cards said...

so much detail in the cutting - she was so worth it - just adorable card!

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Angie Williams said...

I love this card! The colors make it stand out and the image is darling! I have a girl who would love a card like this! :) Wonderful job Ching!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh- that ballerina is too cute, and the sentiment is perfect- love this!

Maria Matter said...

aww, this is so darling! I love the bright happy colors and sweet Avery!!
beautifully done Ching!
hugs & blessings!

too funny, the word verification below is... averi

specialcraftmom4 said...

What an adorable card! I just love the coloring (:

Heather said...

I LOVE those bright papers and that pretty light pink bow!Lori's images are just so sweet.. almost as sweet as she :D Thanks for the inspiration

Barb said...

Ching, the image is so adorable and beautifully colored. I love the fun colors in the card layout.

Grace said...

Oh my goodness this is just adorable!!! I LOVE this sweet image and the fun papers are so pretty! Great oldie but goodie to share!

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Grace

Genevieve Rodriguez said...

She's so precious! Your coloring came out great.

Melissa Cash said...

I don't know what to say about this card Ching.....I love everything. Your coloring and the colors you chose are perfect. Thanks so much for playing in the OBG hop.

Runnergirl Creations said...

Cute card! I like the fun colors! Thanks for sharing! I'm a follower now! :) Blessings!

Runnergirl Creations said...

Cute card! You have great details! Thank you for sharing! I'm a foolower now! :) Blessings!

Mary G. said...

Beautiful card!!! You bow-tieing skills are amazing! I must check out those adorable images!

Jennie said...

Beautiful coloring and such detailed cutting. Great design!

Deb said...

Love this adorable ballerina card! Brings out the little girl in me (I took lessons for 15+ years!)...your coloring is gorgeous, the colors are bright and happy, and that big bow just makes everything perfect! ;)

Sharri said...

Ching, Your card is just adorable!!! I love that sentiment! I have been hoarding my Delovely too!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so lovin' your card!! That image is tooooooo stinkin' cute!!!!!

Kirei na Kami said...

What a cutie-patootie!!! I love the card design and the fun, vibrant papers! This adorable creation makes me smile:o) So very sweet!!

Smiles:)
Carolyn

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi ching!! awwww.....she is WONDERFUL!! you did SUCH a beautiful job with her! and your layout compliments the sketch. :) Thankyou so much for being a part of the hop!

Theresa Momber said...

Adorable! Love the big bow and wonderful coloring!

Anita Hovey said...

Fabulous! I love that image and the bright colors are so fun & cheery.

Jayne said...

This is really lovely Ching.....great layout, details and colouring, and Avery looks so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at BLD.

redwasher1 said...

I love it!!! Adorable image!!!

Brenda said...

Oh so cute!! So many wonderful details. wonderful done!

jkreucher said...

OMgosh This is just precious.. your coloring is perfection.. and lovin your design.
Judy

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous card! Love the fun papers and the beautiful way you framed the sentiment!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Awww she is darling! And your coloring is beautiful!!

Sue W said...

Avery is adorable as is your card! Congrats.

The Stamper's Touch said...

Super sweet, sweet, sweet card!! Love your colors, so bright and happy!! And talk about that adorable image!!! Absolutely fabulous creation.

Linda

Gina said...

Wow this is just beautiful. Love the bright happy colors.

Liz said...

It's so wonderful to see your bright cheery card. It's gorgeous.
Have fun she is the sweetest..
this stuff is addicting but you know that... lol.

LORi said...

Hi Ching!! WOWZa...you have done a amazing job designing this card with Avery!! Great work!! Thanks so much for your sweet support and for playing along with us at BLD!!
HUgs - LORi

Linda said...

So sweet! I love the sentiment and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at BLDCC1 this week.