Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day & April's My Scrapbook Nook Projects

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!

I hope you all are having a lovely day with your families. I was blessed to have been invited by my sister-in-law to join an early Mother's Day outing with her and my mom this past Thursday at the Huntington Gardens. We walked through the gardens while looking through the art exhibits and then enjoyed a lovely tea lunch in their Rose Garden Tea Room.


I took a few days off from work to just decompress and its been a relaxing 4 day weekend so far. Its been awhile since I've updated my blog with scrappy work, so I'm making up for loss time today and I'll have a few more to share with you through out the week. :)


Here's what I created with the April kit from the Nook:

This first one is of my best friend Jim. I've known Jim, it seems for forever, since I walked on that first bus trip to Mammoth with my ski club 13 years ago with a pillow. (See, I was much much MUCH thinner back then, and he saw the big pillow first before me, so its our running joke.) Jim suffered a stroke approximately 3 years ago and has been making incredibly strides in his recovery. We recently went out and had Chinese for lunch before we went out for a movie. It was great seeing how self proficient he is now. Jim, I know you're reading this because I'm going to send you a link to this blog post. Remember, you flashed me in your hospital bed back in Dec 06? You don't remember it, but I will forever have your er...body seared into my memory!! Thank you very much! not! LOL, anyway, yes...we will be going on a trip soon together Jim...I can feel it, its very soon! Jim, we need to do something OUTSIDE of North America next time. (That's what the journalling on the layout says.)


This "Jim" layout features tons of distressed scallops and a big circle which is just what the current challenge over at The Pink Elephant was calling for. :) That site is such a cute challenge site.

The second layout is of my BFF's Susan and Kari. We had a FABULOUS time together at Disneyland on New Year's Eve. I know it was very tiring for them doing Disney all in one day as they're both annual pass holders whereas I'm not. So, being the energizer bunny that I still am, I usually pack it all into one day, once a year. Thanks you two for being such troopers and for your friendship. I just love this picture of all of us.

I did add some swirly bling and Prima Woodstalk flowers from my own stash. I thought this butterfly kraft journalling tag, from Creative Chaos' "This and That" set which will be debuted on Jenn's etsy site on May 11th, was the perfect feminine touch for this rich layout I created using the Nook kit.


In this coming week, I'll be bombarding you with lots of scrappy goodies to make up for lost time.

Definitely check out the gallery to see what the other Nook DT's created with this fabulously gorgeous kit!

Here's the Nook's May Kit which features all this Lilly Bee yumminess!! I just received this in the mail last week, so I'm diving into this one today and will hopefully have something to share in a few days.

Those Lily Bee papers, those little diecut papers and that Webster's Pages trim ~ all to die for! That is the most gorgeous trim. You really have to see it in real life. As always the kit's packed full of goodies with some of my favorites, like the Basic Grey chipboard alphas, Maya Road chipboard trees and velvet flowers, and a handful of bling and buttons. Pure yumminess!


We also have this adorable mini kit featuring French Couture from Lily Bee too as an add on kit.


Would you like a 6 month DT position over at My Scrapbook Nook ? Check us out and play along in our month long Scrap Off to win that DT position. We're having a series of challenges for 5 weeks. Lots of fun and great prizes, including a six month term on the design team! Now that's a prize worth playing for! :)



"Jim"
Paper:
Pink Paislee "Captivating" PP & Prima Packaging (Repurposed)
Embellishments: Pink Paislee "Captivating" Die Cuts (Sticker Book) & Brads; American Crafts Alpha Stickers; Prima & Petaloo Flowers; American Crafts Ribbon; Maya Road Sheers
Accessories: Embroidery Floss; Versafine Brown Ink; SU Distressing Tool

"Susan, Me & Kari"
Paper:
Pink Paislee "Captivating" PP; Jenni Bowlin Black Dictionary PP
Embellishments: Pink Paislee "Captivating" Alphabet (Sticker Book); Prima Bloom Bonnet and Woodstalk Flowers; Prima Bling; Maya Road Sheers; Creative Chaos Journalling Tag
Accessories: Versafine Brown Ink; SU Distressing Tool; HS Poking Tool

9 comments:

susan m said...

Look at the 3 of us - we are now famous on your blog! Love the picture and love the layout!

Anonymous said...

`BEautiful` Lo Fab photo`s glad you ahd a great time ..TFS
Have a lovely week:)♥

LORi said...

Super LO Ching!!Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!!!

Annie said...

Oh your projects are just fabulous. I spent ages looking at all the detail - such amazing colours and the photos are such perfectly glowing happy ones. A joy to look at.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Robin said...

Fantastic layout Ching!! I adore how you used the circles and scallops. I could look at your work all day and keep finding new things. You have such an attention for details. Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wow! Fantastic pages! Love every element. TFS!

melody said...

what awesome pics chickie ~ and wowza..lovin your los and all the detail work! amazing!

hugz
melody
M2R

Unknown said...

Congrats, Ching on the Top 5 @ TPE!!! :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your layout.

Just Sew Sue said...

Love the bling

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com